Monday 6 January 2014

Starting Over... Again.

Yup. My yearly pilgrimage to Diet Land is on.

Just like everyone else who now resembles a Christmas pudding due to overindulgence during the festive season, it's time to shape up. It's always nice to start weight loss in January. You have a clear slate in front of you and you can forget about everything you ate last year. I was supposed to be counting calories after Christmas Day, but that went straight out the window and I decided to eat bacon crispies instead. 

The last weight I inputted into MFP was on the December 3 (shame!) and this Monday I bit the bullet to see the damage: I have put on 2.8lbs since then. That's not bad really, but then it's not like I was starting in a particularly great place (I'd already put on a little) so I shouldn't pat myself on the back at all really. But as I ate a lot of pretty good stuff over the holiday (I have travelled the globe via my plate!), I feel ready to start.

I want to say this year will be soooooooo different and that I'm properly gonna bust a gut (ha!) trying to lose weight or that things have clicked in my brain, but I don't think any of that is true. I have to get on with it without it being the focus of my existence, which is very hard if you're a foodie. I need to somehow not be obsessed with food, because I'm genuinely worried that when I die I'll realise that I spent my whole life just eating and obsessing about my weight. And that terrifies me, because it is such a sad and pathetic existence. I'm scared of death as it is, let alone wasting my life on top of it.

Another thing that worries me is that I am pretty sure that my overeating affects my breathing, ie. my chest gets really tight and I have to take my inhaler. That is not good. Or healthy. Or normal. For one short minute, I did debate the idea of taking slimming pills… but I'm not going to, so stop shouting please. I will be doing a mix of diets I think, but I think I will stick to the fasting mainly.

URGH. I also had a total clothing/boot meltdown over the holidays (yes, that is a thing). I bought some new dresses but needed a pair of boots to go with them. So I ordered a pair from Office. They didn't really go, so obviously I had a breakdown before my last day at work. Honestly, my BF puts up with a LOT. It was so bad that I almost cried at work. I don't want to do that anymore. It all boils down to me feeling like a blob, but I have no-one else to blame except myself. I don't want to get that depressed again. It does not help that I am a useless shopper to boot (I am now thinking I look bad in all of them), but then nothing looks good when you feel like shit.

I promise to update more often and with more (lemon) zest than today. I've just been very busy with work, although as a dedicated foodie, I still managed to slip out to Yo! Sushi for lunch… dont worry, I counted everything! It's not that bad as long as you stay away from any bowls of rice, as they total a super-scary 400 calories! What the what?

I thought I would finish this post with my mum's reaction to a body shape test I did (USING MY ACTUAL MEASURMENTS!!) online. 

Enjoy. 


No comments:

Post a Comment